Welcome to the Prostate Cancer Wales website which is an organisation with specific aims and objectives, founded by Nick Philips, to improve prostate cancer patient outcomes in Wales.
Aims & Objectives
- Get your prostate checked campaign Wales
– if you show any of the symptoms, go to your GP and get your Prostate Specific Antigen
- Fund research for a UK-wide national screening programme
– a better screening test is needed for prostate cancer
- Promote awareness of the symptoms of the disease
Founded in 2016, we are currently based in Pontypridd but our goal is to improve Welsh prostate health all across the country.
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men
- 1 in 8 men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime
- More than 2,500 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year in Wales
- More than 600 men die every year from prostate cancer in Wales
They are rare in men under 50, but the condition becomes more pronounced and common with age. Help us fight this deadly disease, help us make difference.